ADVISER Statement of intent
Dr. Thomas Tenerelli
THE DEGREE IN WHICH ADVISER INTENDS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CLUB’S ACTIVITIES
As requested, time will be made available on a weekly and even daily basis.
HOW THE ADVISER WILL SUPPORT THE CLUB’S OFFICERS TO ENSURE A PROSPEROUS LEADERSHIP?
Assist club officers, at their request, in providing a clear vision of what they hope to accomplish.
Help club officers share a common vision and join together and cooperate as team-
members to pursue the same objectives.
Help club officers build a club based on strong ethics, integrity, honesty, and trust.
When requested, provide guidance and references relating to effective leadership skills
WHAT ROLES IN THE CLUB THE ADVISER HOPES TO FULFILL?
Diversity: Strongly encourage a diverse club membership – including women, minorities, first-generation students, and international students.
Financial Analysis Skills: Support members, at their request, in developing critical financial analysis skills for successful financial-job placement – specifically, those skills necessary to effectively develop and pitch stock financial analysis reports and prepare students for competing in events like the G.A.M.E. Forum Student-Managed Portfolio Competition.
- Equity valuation using quantitative discounted cash flow models in Excel and economic intuition and data analysis to guide model assumptions.
- Equity valuation using relative valuation techniques.
- Templates for stock analysis reports and for equity valuation models / relative valuation techniques contained therein.
- In depth understanding of financial statements.
- Data sources for all aspects of stock financial analysis report template.
- Direct (one-on-one) answers to members’ specific or general questions relating to their own stock financial analysis reports.
- References for financial analysis, equity investing strategies, and famous-investor investing techniques & advice.
- Foster strong presentation skills and self-confidence in financial skills.
General: When requested, offer advice to officers and club members on any club matters.
Job Market Preparation & Skills: When requested, provide guidance and references related to job-market information, including: important job-success skills, career fair tips, career guides, elevator pitch tips, etiquette & professionalism tips, interviewing tips, information-interviewing tips, job and internship info and postings, LinkedIn /social media tips, negotiating-the-job-offer tips, networking tips, resume and cover letter tips and samples, suggested career preparation timeline, CB and CWU career preparation events and resources, data and information on financial jobs, information on financial certifications and graduate school.